Lauren Savoy’s favorites
I dance to:
– I honestly can’t remember the last time I went out to dance.
– I don’t have hangovers, but if I did, I would listen to anything by Elliot Smith or Cat Power.
Best song for driving:
– Arcade Fire’s “Keep The Car Running”. I was just in Arizona, and my husband had to listen to the album over and over throughout the entire seven-hour drive. The result was that we got lost.
When I work out:
– Who says I work out? Anyway, I’ll start working out soon, and then I’ll listen to Fatboy Slim’s “The Rockafeller Skank”.
– The songs that Paul is working on at any given time. I am a competitive person, and it’s impossible to beat him.
A song that makes me happy:
– “More Than A Feeling” by the band Boston. I am from Boston myself, and that song reminds me of my adolescence. And I also get happy, although in a bittersweet way, every time I hear a-ha’s “Hunting High And Low”.
– The Polyphonic Spree’s “Light And Day”. It’s comforting when you’re trying to fit into a pair of jeans that are way too tight.
Best song to make out to:
– “Sunday Morning” by The Velvet Underground. And “Pictures Of You” by The Cure. Both those songs make me feel like I’m in a John Hughes movie.
When I’m feeling down:
– Amy Mann’s “Lost In Space” is the perfect music when you’re feeling down, because you realize that she’s still feeling more miserable than you are. And then you’ll automatically feel better.
I relax to:
– The Feeling’s “Twelve Stops And Home”. They make music which is easy to like.
A song with character:
– “Wichita Lineman”, a country song recorded by Glen Campbell and written by Jimmy Webb. I’m not a big fan of the genre, but this song hits me…every time.
The best song in the world:
– Seriously, is anyone able to answer this?
From Elle magazine (Norway), September 2007
Translation by Jakob