a-ha manager Harald Wiik has been interviewed by VG today, in connection with yesterday’s cancelled Hessentag concert in Stadtallendorf, Germany. Here’s what he had to say:
– We’re hoping to replace yesterday’s concert with a new show on Sunday [June 6th]. That’s our focus at the moment.
– We think [tomorrow’s concert in Kiel] is going ahead as planned, and that we won’t have to cancel any more concerts. But obviously we’ll have to monitor his condition.
– We had some problems in South America, but a-ha haven’t cancelled a single concert since 1986. But like everyone else, Morten can get a virus infection. It’s impossible to have any guarantees against that.
– The voice problems are probably due to the drafty conditions [in Mönchengladbach]. Morten’s vocal performances are so demanding that he becomes particularly vulnerable.
– We’d prefer to go ahead as planned, but Morten is better now, so we’re hoping to reschedule the concert for Sunday and that we won’t have to cancel further shows.